Paediatric Phlebotomy Training This course is designed for Healthcare Professionals who would like to extend their clinical skills to be able to undertake paediatric venepuncture/cannulation.
This training course is for experienced Phlebotomist, who will train to give blood test on babies and children.
Paediatric Phlebotomy Training, students are taught significantly more than simply realizing exactly where to place the needle when drawing blood.
- Rationale for venepuncture/cannulation.
- Relevant anatomy and physiology.
- Equipment required.
- Preparation for procedure (local policy/protocol-aseptic technique).
- Legal and Professional aspects.
- Psychological factors-child and family.
- Health and Safety policy/protocols (clinical waste/sharps disposal).
- Practical workshop.
On successful completion of the day candidates will be required to organise appropriate supervised practice and assessment of competency within their own clinical environment guided by local policy and protocols.